Beyond Fort Churchill and Buckland’s Station through the area now known as Churchill County, the history of the Pony Express Stations becomes a confusing mess. Captain James H. Simpson blazed a trail across central Nevada that roughly follows U.S. Highway 50 across Nevada and Utah in 1859 and 1860. This became known as the Simpson Route or the Central Nevada Route.
PONY EXPRESS STATIONS, PART 8: THE NORTHERN ROUTE (STILLWATER DOGLEG)
News From: NPEA Nevada Division